Curls are amazing but taking care of them can be quite overwhelming. This is why …Read More »
WelcomeDo you love shopping? Are you interested in the latest fashion trends? Healthy lifestyle tips? The most budget-friendly travel destinations? You name it. Whatever you are looking for, you will find it at 3 Girls and a Basket, the most comprehensive lifestyle blog on the internet.
It is time for that wonderful trip that you’ve been looking forward to. But here comes the dreadful part; packing. A lot of people postpone packing until the last minute because it is such an annoying task. You don’t want to leave anything behind, yet you are not free to take whatever you want. How can you pack smartly? How can you make sure that everything you’ve packed can be easily found?
Here are some tips that you might want to try on your next trip:
• Always write a list before you actually start packing. You’ll be surprised by how much this can actually help you avoid carrying things that you won’t need. This helps you plan your outfits so you can get away with packing the least number of items which can be worn differently.
• Jewelry items can be tricky to pack. Instead of packing your fancy jewelry box, you can keep track of your earrings by fastening them through buttons. This way, you will never lose an earring. You can also use pills organizers to store small jewelry items.
• Use 2 layers of cling sheet or plastic wrap to store your bracelets, necklaces, and chains. This will keep them in shape and will protect them from tangling.
• Roll your clothes instead of folding them. Don’t worry; this method will not cause your clothes to crease and wrinkle beyond repair.
• Stack your bras on top of each other and fill one cup with your underpants. Fold the other cup over and you’ll have a small ball that won’t occupy much space in your suitcase or handbag. This method also protects your bras and helps maintain their shape.
• Stuff your sneakers and shoes with socks, underpants, facial wash containers and anything that you are sure won’t burst. This will save space and will maintain the shape of your shoes. Put your shoes in shower caps to protect your clothes from getting in touch with the dirty shoe soles.
• Put your perfume bottles and cream containers inside your socks. This will protect them from accidentally breaking and ruining the contents of your suitcase.
• Use an old lip balm containers or your old contact lenses case to carry a small amount of your foundation. For powder makeup, pack some cotton pads or cotton balls inside the container. This will protect it from accidentally breaking.
• Use a small piece of plastic wrap to protect the contents of your shower gel, shampoo, shaving cream or any similar products. Unscrew the lid and wrap the plastic sheet on top then screw the lid back on. If the lid pops open because of a change in pressure, the contents will not ruin everything you have.
• Don’t just leave your chargers and wires tangled inside the bag. This might ruin them forever. Wrap them gently and put them all in one small bag. You can also stuff them in your shoes or boots.
These easy tips will make packing more enjoyable and practical. Give them a try on your next trip.
Well, if you have been packing on pounds during winter then you’re not alone. Winter will be over before you know it and then comes summer with its unforgiving and revealing outfits.
Here are some easy tips that will help you get in shape fast:
• Drink more water. Water helps you flush the toxins out of your system and regulates your digestive functions.
• Sleep more. Did you know that not getting enough sleep can actually make you eat more? Always have a healthy light snack 2 hours before going to bed.
• Walk when you can. We know that you might not have enough time to hit the gym. But exercising can be as simple as walking for 30 minutes per day. Try to walk to the grocery store or to the laundry.
• Eat more. A lot of people starve themselves when they are trying to lose weight. This actually puts the body into the starvation mode where it tends to save every calorie. Instead, break your meals. Have 6 small meals instead of 3.
If you can ditch the junk food and move a little bit more, you are going to get in shape fast. But these easy to follow tips are very useful when you are trying to get ready for the beach.
Curls are amazing but taking care of them can be quite overwhelming. This is why a lot of women and men find that maintaining their natural curls is time-consuming.
Using the most suitable products and techniques will help you have fresh and attractive curls for more than one day.
• Don’t comb or brush your hair after you’ve stepped out of the shower. Use a microfiber towel or a cotton T-shirt to absorb the excess water.
• Don’t go overboard with styling products. After you apply the best styling cream or gel, finger coil or scrunch your hair to style it.
• Use a diffuser to dry your hair or let it air dry if you have time.
• For bedtime, use a silk bonnet or sleep on a silk pillow. Tie your hair in the shape of a pineapple if it is long enough. Refresh it in the morning using your favorite leave in conditioner mixed with a little bit of water and diffuse or let it air dry.
Sounds easy? You need to experiment with several products and techniques until you find what works best for you. Once you do, your hair will always turn heads.